Monday, March 21, 2011

So, I was thinking, what a wonderful Saviour we have. He loves us so. Especially, since He came to Earth and we nailed Him to a cross. And on that Cross He said, “Father, forgive them…” just like He told us to do to our enemies.

I’d much rather hate my enemies, plot their destruction and laugh at their calamities. If you are honest, you feel the same way too. It’s all part of that old nature thing Paul spoke about (Romans 6:6). He tells us that our old nature died with Christ so we are account our old nature as dead. Okay. Sometimes, okay? Maybe after I get a little self satisfaction? Nope. Dumb old Paul. Uh, oh. Paul was speaking by the Holy Spirit? This is what God wants? Okay, but sometimes (okay, most of the time) I still don’t want to do it.

Jesus commands us to love our enemies in order to demonstrate to them that we really are children of God (Matthew 5:44). So when I don’t, it doesn’t mean I’m not His child. What it means is I am acting like a selfish, spoiled brat. Ouch!

Jesus commands us to love our enemies, just like He has. “For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son…” (Romans 5:10). You mean, we were His enemies and He loved us? Yep. That’s what God says in His word.

The problem is, that even if I wanted to, I can’t. I don’t have the power to do so. He knows that. That’s why He has given us His power, the Power of the Holy Spirit. You see, the fruit of the Spirit, the proof of His working in our lives, is…Love (Galatians 5:22-23). So, if I am unwilling to love my enemies, I’m not allowing the Holy Spirit to work in my life? Now your getting it Randall. Maybe I should ask the Holy Spirit to work in my life? Better yet, maybe I'd better let Him...

1 comment:

In the Garden said...

Thanks honey ~ that was a good word :)