Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I Peter 5:7

Here Peter encourages us to cast our care upon Jesus. The first word "care", is not a throwing, but "a definiate act of the will in commiting to Him our worries." The second word "cares" means, "concerned with our welfare."

There are many things to be concerned with in the world today. But there is nothing that the Christian should be worried about. Has God not saved you? Has Jesus not promised to be with you forever? Has He not promised to return and to take you to His Father's House? When I find myself worring, it is the Holy Spirit that reminds me of these things. And when I commit to Him my worries, I have peace once again.

God has taken the responsibility of taking care of us. So, why worry?

No comments: