Sunday, March 6, 2011

1 Thessalonians 5:18: "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Notice that God wants us to give thanks "in" everything, not "for" everything. There is a difference. He is telling us, that no matter what our circumstance or situation, we are to give Him thanks. "In everything give thanks..."

As Chuck Smith once said,"In order to give thanks in everything I must know 3 things:

1. God Loves me.
2. God is wiser than me.
3. God is in control.

If I know these three things, I can give thanks in everything."

“When joy and prayer are married their first born child is gratitude.” (Spurgeon)

So, what about you? Do you give God thanks in everything? I confess that there are times I question my circumstances; until I remember these three things.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Thank you for sharing this. I did a post last week on this passage of scripture.
Blessings,
Ken

okie preacher said...

Ken, I just read your post. I'm so sorry you wife is not with you, but glad to know she is with Jesus. I have bookmarked your blog and will read it everyday. Grace and peace...