Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I found this on the Net and I am sad to say I am not the author...

A preacher and a bus driver met their demise
They arrived at Heaven's gate side by side
Heaven was beautiful they waited to see
Where God would place them for eternity

God took the preacher to a valley nearby
Showed him a cottage with a gate so white
There were soft rolling hills all around

A stream running made peaceful sounds.

God said "Preacher, this is your home
Peace and beauty you have for your own
All these flowers will brighten your days
For a job well done, for keeping the faith

Then to the bus driver, God said with care,
"The stately mansion on the hill up there
With waterfall and flowers so bright
You'll forever enjoy, both days and night"

The preacher said "God, I don't understand
A stately mansion to such a common man,
And I only get a cottage in the valley below
I'm not ungrateful; I would just like to know"

God said "Yes, you've been faithful, it's true
You've served me well all your life through
But when you were preaching, my children slept
While he was driving, they prayed and wept."

3 comments:

Jon Clayton said...

One of my favorite jokes...

Mary Brucker said...

oh my gosh that is funny...

okie preacher said...

Unfortunately, the preacher in the story....is me.