Sunday, July 4, 2010

Psalms 142:3:

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me,
Then You knew my path.
In the way in which I walk."

If we would admit it, often times we are overwhelmed. Life is hard. Life is difficult. So many things are happening in the world that are truly alarming. Often times in our lives we are personally overwhelmed. The loss of a loved one; the loss of a child; the loss of a job. Things seem to be moving towards chaos, towards loss of control.

Then we realize that God is in control. He knows the way in which we walk. It's dark, its unfamiliar, its scary. But He knows. If you are walking in fellowship with Him, do you really think He is going to lead you down the path of destruction? And if you are not walking in fellowship with Him, why not turn right now and acknowledge Him? He can change the path you are on.

When I don't know what is going on, and my spirit is overwhelmed, He knows the way in which I walk. Trusting Him in those times brings peace even in the most difficult of times.

No comments: