Thursday, July 1, 2010

Psalms 130:3-4

"If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared."

If God were to hold us all accountable for our sins, when we stand before Him in judgment, none could offer a defense. All are guilty as charged. What a scary thought!

The Good News is that, through Jesus we can have forgiveness of sins! This means that we will never stand before God in judgment because Jesus stood in judgment for us by dying for our sins on the cross!

It is interesting that the word in verse 4 is translated, "to revere." I stand in awe of God who died for someone like me. It's been 37 years since I became a Christian and I still stand in awe at the marvelous Grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for me. For me. Wow.

No comments: