Sunday, October 19, 2008

Going out of town...

Well, tomorrow I will be flying to Houston. For those of you who have never been there, it is like living in a sauna bath. Even in the Winter, it is humid. I am starting my new job, so I will officially join the ranks of the bi-vocational, which is no problem for me. I am actually looking forward to it!

So I leave you with a few quotes that bless and challenge me.

God wants worshippers before workers; indeed, the only acceptable workers are those who have learned the art of worship. A. W. Tozer

What we need very badly these days is a company of Christians who are prepared to trust God as completely now as the know they must do at the last day. A. W. Tozer

Actually, I do find Christians these days who seem to have largely wasted their lives. They were converted to Christ but they have never sought to go on to an increasing knowledge of God. There is untold loss and failure because they have accepted the whole level of things around them as being normal and desirable. A. W. Tozer

Before the Spirit of God can work creatively in our hearts he must condemn and slay the “flesh” within us; that is, He must have our full consent to displace our natural self with the Person of Christ. A. W. Tozer

6 comments:

Maryb said...

will be praying for you and your trip. will you be able to log on at all. if not we will certainly miss you around here. but so happy for your new job.

Anonymous said...

yea, I'll be checking in on you all

Maryb said...

Does that mean we still have to behave ourselves now? Thought maybe if the pastor was away we could get away with things, :-)

Anonymous said...

Mary: Jesus is watching you...and He is pleased!

Calvary Chapel Shawnee said...

have a good trip in all ways.
Steve

Jim Goodman said...

Have a great trip! Congrats on the job and thanks for the Tozer quotes - volumes spoken in a single sentence.

Tozer ROCKS!