Friday, October 24, 2008

Carolyn

During my trip to Houston this week I was able to go and visit Ralph and Carolyn. As I walked in I saw that she had lost all her hair and had a bandanna on her head. I hugged her and told her that she was still as beautiful as ever. It was wonderful to pray for her in person.

For those of you men who have lost your hair (like me) you get over it (unless your vain enough to go the "comb over" route or you have indoor/outdoor carpet installed :), which is equally bad!). However, for a woman, losing her hair is traumatic. Yet I was overwhelmed by the love that came forth from her heart and the hospitality she showed me. (I told Ralph that I did not want them to fuss over me...if you know Ralph and Carolyn, you know that they would anyway, which they did. Carolyn's gift is hospitality).

Not once did Carolyn express a "why me" attitude nor was there any feeling sorry for herself. Her courage shames me and certainly most people I know. They want you all to know that her progress against cancer is due to the wonderful prayers of God's people - especially those of you who read this blog and faithfully pray. Her progress is blowing the doctor's away!

Early on, Ralph had the chance to sit down with the team of doctors (and Carolyn) to discuss her treatment. Now Ralph is a evangelist - it is his primary gift. He loves to tell people about Jesus and has led many to faith in Christ. When the doctors told him that Carolyn's prognoses was not good, he told them, "God told me He was going to make a way." He then when on to share his testimony withe them and his unwavering confidence in His heavenly Father. I understand it left quite an impression on the doctors.

So God has made a way, she is doing better than the doctors could ever of imagined and Jesus Christ is getting the glory that is due Him.

Ralph and Carolyn are my friends - they have seen me at my best and at my worst - and they still desire my friendship. Wow...

Thank you all for praying for them. I am indebted to you for that which I cannot repay, but for which I an eternally grateful. God bless you all. Thank you for praying for my friends...

8 comments:

Jim Goodman said...

What an awesome testimony. It sounds like Carolyn is a willing vessel in the Lord's hands.

The Lord is GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Jim: Jesus rocks!

Maryb said...

Im glad she is doing so good, I continue to pray for them daily.

Unknown said...

Stories like these truly humble me as I have no idea how I would react. Women seem to have such strength in times of trial. Thanks for the update. I pray God would restore her health.

A E A said...

Nice to hear a good report.

I'm really starting to look forward to no more sickness, sadness, saying goodbye...

Come Lord Jesus come!

Have a blessed day tomorrow Okie.

What We Believe said...

You are blessed to have such friends as you do. There must be a reason for that...hmmm...you're pretty good guy to be friends with, from what I can tell. :)

Blessings bro...

Bill

Anonymous said...

You all are wonderful. God bless...

Anonymous said...

~.....................