Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spiritual Attack

Last year I decided to go the the "Lead Slead Spectacular" car show in Salina Kansas this coming weekend. I am the Chaplin for the "Christian Rods & Customs" Car Ministry (we use our cars to spread the gospel). I will be speaking at the Chapel Service Sunday Morning, July 27th.

Well, the last month has seen some of the most ridiculous spiritual attack in my life. My car (a 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak) started overheating. Fixing that, the carburetor started acting up. To make a long story interesting, I unknowingly got some ethanol and it cleaned my 58 year old gas tank, sending all that gum into my carburetor. So the carb's in the shop getting repaired. Meanwhile, I removed the gas tank so it could be cleaned. Rolling over under the car, I felt something go "pop" in my chest; it looks like I cracked a rib or some cartilage in my chest just by rolling over! (Man, I hate getting old).

So, I'm still going; the gas tank and the carb should be ready Thursday to go back together; and pain or no pain, I am going. So, please pray for me and for the ministry, that God would be glorified. If Satan is working this hard to discourage me, God is definitely up to something...

5 comments:

Maryb said...

Praying for you. Praying that God would heal the ribs.
Glad to see you back on line.

Maryb

Anonymous said...

We have been experiencing similar resistance and attacks. We are praying for you...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mary...Jon. Your prayers are appreciated.

Calvary Chapel Shawnee said...

hope the car show and the preaching goes well. Blessings to ya!

Pastor S

Maryb said...

Okie
Praying for you as you speak tomorrow hope the show goes well