Monday, July 7, 2008

Dog Tired...

"For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God." 1 Thessalonians 2:9

Tonight I'm tired; dog tired (whatever that means?). Physically, I'm spent. I've been burning the candle at both ends. When I try to go to bed early, I'm up late; when I try to sleep in, I get up early. My days seem to go so quickly and any time I plan for "myself" is quickly consumed by other duties. Yet I cannot claim Paul's statement to the Thessalonians, for I have yet to work that hard.

The ministry is difficult; it's imposable apart from the power the Spirit gives. Someone once said that "God buries His workers, but His work goes on."

As I have blogged, I have met some of the most wonderful men of God in the ministry; pastors, who like Paul would gladly be spent for the ministry. Pray for your pastor; pray for these men; pray for the ministers of America, that they would continue to labor in His vineyard and proclaim the truth, no matter how unpopular or un-politically correct; finally, please pray for me...

3 comments:

Calvary Chapel Shawnee said...

will do okie!

Anonymous said...

Okie
Praying for you that you will get some rest. And for other pastors as well.

Maryb

A E A said...

You've got it.