Friday, May 15, 2009

Pain

Guests
Pain knocked upon my door and said
That she had come to stay,
And though I would not welcome her
But bade her go away,
She entered in.
Like my own shade
She followed after me,
And from her stabbing, stinging sword
No moment was I free.
And then one day another knocked
Most gently at my door.
I cried, "No, Pain is living here,
There is not room for more."
And then I heard His tender voice,
"'Tis I, be not afraid."
And from the day He entered in,
The difference it made!

---Martha Snell Nicholson

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okie, I'm encouraged. God bless! Allan

Anonymous said...

Ok That made me cry.... How are you Okie.

Maryb

Okie Preacher said...

We are well and seeking guidance from God. Bless you both...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are ok... been praying for you Love to both of you and Rachel
Mary

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family...

Blessings!