Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sabbatical...

I will not be posting for awhile. My wife and I have been going through some very difficult times since we left our last church pastorate. I would rather not go into detail at this time, although I may in the future.

There are many things that are currently distracting and many hurts from the past that need healing. I have been advised by a good friend to perhaps consider taking a sabbatical for a period of prayer and reflection, which I am inclined to do so at this time.

Please pray for us as we wait on God for healing, guidance, and direction. Thank all of you who have posted here; it has been a pleasure getting to know you and praying for you as well.

For those of you who have our phone number, please do not call at this time. I don’t have any answers for you, so just pray for us.

God bless and keep you all in His tender care…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you OKie

Mary

Unknown said...

I understand. You have my number and are welcome to call when the time is right.God bless you and yours. Allan

Wendy Matis said...

I have been trying to find you for many years now and I finally ran across this blog. I used to be friends with Naomi when she lived in Austin and I spent a Thanksgiving with you at your home in Houston. I remember Rachel and her battles, I will pray for her and I would love to hear from your family.

In the Garden said...

Thank you all for praying for us.

Anonymous said...

Praying. I thank you for all you have done for me. I will be here when you return, God willing. You have kept me sane!