Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pastors...

All you ever hear in the news is about pastors who have blown it. It is sicking, yet that is the mentality of the world. Well, since we have resigned from the church we used to pastor and have started a CC here in Choctaw, Oklahoma, Calvary Chapel pastors have come out of the woodwork to encourage and support us in prayer. some have even offered to send support, although the Lord has provided graciously for us.

You guys are the best; my heart overflows with gladness every time I get a phone call or an email. Truly, in the midst of something Satan could of used to destroy, you have been there for us. Those of you who attend these churches know who you are and you know that really, we could expect nothing less from your pastor. Pray for him; support him; give him a great big hug for us. You are blessed to have these men over you; love them in word and in deed, for you are indeed privileged to have them serving Jesus by serving you.

Paul's' words reflect my heart towards you all: "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." (Philippians 1:3-11).

1 comment:

Maryb said...

I'm so glad that CC pastors have come along side of you. They are a good bunch of people I know several CC pastors and I love them all dearly.