Sunday, September 14, 2008

God is my defender...

Genesis 15:1: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."

With this God freed Abram from defending himself. What a wonderful gift God has given us, the freedom from defending ourselves. All too often, men attack us and say things about us that are not true. Their reasons are too many to count. But all too often it is because they seek to harm us. Sad that there are those who are not happy unless they are harming others.

It used to make me mad and seek to "set the record straight;" however, God defends me. Who would dare dispute Him? The obvious answer: Only a fool.

Psalms 62:1-7

"Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

3 How long will you attack a man? You shall be slain, all of you, Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence.
4 They only consult to cast him down from his high position; They delight in lies;
They bless with their mouth, But they curse inwardly. Selah

5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good word Randy.

Maryb said...

Amen Okie
God is our defender!!!!!!