Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Church Plant

We are in the process of planting a Calvary Chapel here in Choctaw, Oklahoma. Currently we are meeting in our home on Sunday mornings (10 am) and Wednesday evenings (7 pm) and have 6 people attending. Anyone who has ever planted a new church knows the work that is ahead of us, yet we know that unless the Lord builds the house, they that labor, labor in vain. Our desire is to see God glorified and His Word proclaimed.

I have assisted in starting churches in the Houston area when we lived in Texas, so the idea of planting a church is not completely foreign to me.

Anyone in the East Oklahoma City area who is interested in attending or assisting, can contact me at: okiepreacher@cox.net for more information.

Please pray for us as we undertake this new work in His Name.

11 comments:

Maryb said...

Praying for you Okie,,,, I wish I was in Oklahoma I would come to your new chruch.

Calvary Chapel Shawnee said...

Been there done that Okie and even wanted to buy the tee shirt, but they didn't sell 3X.
We are excited and happy for you.

Anonymous said...

We will pray all the way through!

Anonymous said...

Praying...

We don't live there, but if we ever come to that area we'd check it out!

Blessings!
D

Maryb said...

Good Morning OKie

My cox.net email is down right now. So I came on here just to say hi to everyone today. Pray you all are well.

How is Mrs Okie doing.....

Anonymous said...

maryb: My wife is not doing well...she cries most of the time.

Maryb said...

Oh Okie I'm sooooo sorry. Does she have an email or you can give her mine.... I did write to her on Rachels blog... I would love to correspond with her. Please tell her she is in my prayers ... I was awake at 3 this morning and you and her were heavy on my heart and I prayed for you both...

Anonymous said...

Okie, I need you and El to help if possible...but I'll ask El in my own way. I have some sermons that need to be reviewed as a pastor is asking for a face to face and believes he's still putting the Word and Christ at the center...

I could give you the link to the sermons and maybe look over a few myself again (I've been digging) and give you some for questions...or comments....

Anonymous said...

Just read your comments to MaryB...I am sorry your wife is feeling so badly. You two have suffered, I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

christianlady: That would be fine. Email me at: okiepreacher@cox.net

Jim Goodman said...

Okie praying for your step of faith! Having been a part of 2 cc church plants I know it is not easy - many blessings to you and your wife and prayers to from up Husker-way.