Monday, June 2, 2008

Not feeling well...

Photobucket

Well, since yesterday I have been as sick as a ...well you know. I went to the doctor today and I have sinusitis and an upper respiratory infection. My antibiotic was $111.00; I guess the drug company president needed to make his Cadillac payment?

Anyway, God does speak to us though illness. Sometimes it is because we have been running too fast so He has to slow us down. Sometimes it is because we don't take care of ourselves. Whatever the reason, God uses the time to speak to us. We can't do it all; His program was alive and well before we came along and His program will continue long after we are gone.

What is most important is that we take the time to fellowship with the Lord. Paul's prayer was to "know Him;" Jesus not only died for our sins, He also died to restore the fellowship we had with Him in the garden.

It's too bad that often He has to use sickness to slow us down enough to listen to Him...

11 comments:

BadMoonRising said...

Okie,

Glad you have not lost your sense of humor. Very funny photo. :)

May the Lord heal you soon, and provide all of your needs.

BMR

Anonymous said...

BMR: Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Okie

I must be kinda sick, because I love the picture.... :-)

Pray you will be feeling better soon, I will be praying for you and if Chip could pray Im sure he would too.

Maryb

Anonymous said...

Praying those cadillac quality antibiotics have started to kick in for you. Be sure to drink lots and lots of fluids.

Oh, have you tried that Mucinex? It really, really works. I usually get chest colds with every head cold, but since I discovered this stuff I haven't had bronchitis or any sort of upper respiratory infection. I have heard, however, that its not an easy drug on your liver. I haven't checked into that, but if that's an issue for you, then I would check it out. http://www.mucinex.com/

Also, I know this is going to sound funny but there really are pressure points on your face that will start your sinuses flowing to loosen that stuff up. http://www.gwinslow.com/gw/headache.html

Tucking your thumbs into the points just below your brows so that you can lightly feel your eye sockets while pinching your upper brow lightly between your thumbs and the soft pads of your first fingers will really help relieve pressure.

Then work your way down to the other points.

The points on the bridge of your nose, you want to tuck your fingers just into the little cavern you'll feel as you run your fingers down the bridge. Press and hold lightly (Sometimes I pinch that spot pretty hard between my thumb and first finger and it really gives me a good sneeze, but that's a good thing cause things will start flowing. (That's my favorite, actually).

Anyway... I hope you feel better really soon and I kinda hope that person with the cadillac gets his or her own sinus infection for good measure. :-) It's only fair, right? ---Well, maybe not, but... :-)

Maryb said...

Praying you are feeling better today, Get some good rest.

Anonymous said...

el, maryb: Thanks. It is really comforting to know that you two are praying for me!

Anonymous said...

HI Okie praying you are feeling better today. :-)

Maryb

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary...I'm still really sick.

Anonymous said...

Im sorry I hope you are getting some rest. Take it easy. We are all praying.

Maryb

Anonymous said...

Okie,

Still lifting you up in prayer. I'm sorry you have been feeling so poorly for so long.

Thank you for the links on archaeology and Christianity. I'm going to wander around those this evening. ---What a blessing that conversation has turned out to be. Thank you for your contribution (Even when you've been sick). :-)

Just wanted to stop by and tell you that you've been in my thoughts and prayers. --Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Thanks el; I'll email you some more excellent links...