Friday, June 13, 2008

Fathers Day…

“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)

Next to knowing Jesus and marrying my wife, Debra, the greatest joy in my life is that of being a father. God has blessed me with two daughters, Rachel and Naomi. I am proud of them both. My chief desire and obligation to them has been to try (by the Spirit’s power) to love the Lord (example) and to teach them the commands (word) of the Lord.

I love my daughters – because of them I am a father. I haven’t always been the best father, nor have I always modeled my faith properly as well. But by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Rachel: My dear daughter; I know your struggles with depression. If I could, I would gladly take your place and suffer for you; however, I don’t have to as Jesus already did. He loves you more than I ever could. He has allowed this in your life for His reasons (which He has not made me privy to at this time). But you can know this: God does not make junk; He knows what He is doing and even in your suffering, He is using you to speak to others and offer them hope.

Naomi: My darling angel face; you have my heart. I love you and am proud of you. You are the subject of my constant prayers. God has a call on your life that will bring you before thousands. He has given you a gift. My prayer for you is that you seek Him and enter into His plan and purpose for your life. He is the joy you are looking for; He is the hope that you desire. Like your sister, He desires to use you to speak to others and offer them hope.

To my darling wife: Thank you for my two lovely daughters. You have given me a wonderful gift for which I am thankful and forever grateful. You have made my father’s day a joy.

Fathers: I hope you have a wonderful fathers day.

4 comments:

Maryb said...

Okie That is precious, Your family is blessed to have you. I wish you a happy Fathers day.

Anonymous said...

Impressed really a great post!! I also love my daughter and she always gift me on father's day

Anonymous said...

Somehow I had a feeling that you were this sort of pops. I hope you gather loads and loads of hugs tomorrow. Happy Fathers Day

Anonymous said...

daddy, you are so sweet. you really think it's going to bring me before thousands huh?? remember when that girl that i didn't even know had that dream about me?? she dreamed that i was speaking in front of a crowd and people were moved to tears, and she was crying when she woke up. i guess we shall see. i love you.