Monday, March 10, 2008

I wrote this on another blog recently, but I thought we would discuss it here as well. I look forward to your comments...


There is a tendency in Christendom to “choose sides.” It has been that way from the beginning, I Corinthians 3:3-4, “for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, ‘I am of Paul,’ and another, ‘I am of Apollos,’ are you not carnal?

Divisions like this are not a sign of spirituality, but as noted by Paul, a sign of carnality. In our day it might read like, “I am of Chuck Smith ,” or “I am of Martin Luther.” We all have pastors and teachers that we respect and admire – there is nothing wrong with that. But to divide because you don’t like my favorite pastor or teacher is carnal – plain and simple.

“Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.” (Romans 14:4). As long as there is no false doctrine (unorthodox) or cultish abuse going on, I for one am not going to fall into the trap of judging God’s servants…

No comments: