Friday, December 24, 2010

Galatians 2:10: "They desired only that we should remember the poor , the very thing which I also was eager to do."

Acts 20:35: "And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Christmas can be a terrible time of year if you miss the meaning. God sent His Son to be our Savior. He came to serve. He gave His life away. Many times, thought exhausted, He had compassion on the multitude, Mark 6:34: "And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd."

Many this Christmas are saying, "This is what I want for Christmas," or "I want this for Christmas." Perhaps we should think of others, Just as Jesus did. There are many sheep out there without a shepherd. Many poor, many homeless, without a shepherd. This year, do something for the poor. Perhaps you could give a donation to your local homeless shelter? Or perhaps your church could do something you could be a part of? Or perhaps you could remember someone that is struggling financially this year?

This Christmas, may you find to joy of knowing that, "'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

3 comments:

Mary Brucker said...

Great words of wisdom there my friend,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND DEBBIE AND THE WHOLE FAMILY,, I LOVE YOU ALL. '

MARY

okie preacher said...

You 2 my dear friend.

Jon Clayton said...

Amen my brother. I did reply to your comment this morning. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours!!!