Sunday, December 13, 2009

God Keeps His Promises

Galatians 4:4-5: "But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons."

Christmas reminds us that God kept His promise made some 5,000 years earlier. This should always be a comfort to us that, no matter what, God is as faithful as His Word.

This reminds me of another promise, John 14:1-3:

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today I found myself in an unexpected situation and I reacted with sadness. Coming home my wife reminded me of the truth and my spirits are boosted. I'm pretty thick at times! Thanks for this reminder Okie!

okie preacher said...

Allan: I too must be reminded often. I'm sure that is why the Bible is full of wonderful promises that have come true and those we are waiting on.

Grace and peace...