Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Prayer Request

I have a physical problem that the doctors have not been able to identify. It has been characterized by severe muscle pain and weakness, joint pain, fatigue, shortage of breath, dizziness, difficulty swallowing, and coughing fits that almost cause me to pass out. I have only let a few people know as I wanted to find out exactly what it is. Hear is an email I sent out last week:

We went to the MD doctor yesterday for a consultation. After all the tests, he had found that there is nothing wrong with me neurologically or muscularly; in other words, I do not have MD or MS or anything related. This is of course, good news. However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find any physical reason for my pain and fatigue. The Dr. believes me that I there is something wrong, as he commented that the shaking I suffer from is the body’s reaction to pain – the worse the pain, the greater the shaking (usually in the late afternoons and evenings).

I am starting to believe that I am Job and that God has purposed this for my good (which is the case with all the trials we go through). So, I am grateful for the test, knowing that 1) God loves me, 2) He is in control, 3) He is wiser than I am. Tuesday this week, in prayer, I told the Lord that if this is His plan to perfect me, then I thank Him for the trial. Not that I am some kind of deeply spiritual person, but because I recognize that He is allowing the test, so His purposes in it are only for my good.

Now I will be perfectly honest. At times there is great discouragement, as it is very difficult to be in constant pain. It is discouraging to go to bed tired, wake up tired, and live in a constant state of fatigue. It is difficult not to be able to walk for more than 50 feet without being winded and having to rest (most of the time). I have suffered from depression, to one extent or another my entire life. Honestly, this is worse and for the first time in my life I have asked the DR. for, and am on, depression medication, which doesn’t affect my cognitive abilities and seems to help.

Thanks for your prayers.

5 comments:

Mary Brucker said...

you would not be human okie if there were no times of discouragement. nothing can bring you down like prolonged illness. you are in my prayers always.

Maryb

Okie Preacher said...

thanks, Maryb

Anonymous said...

Praying..,.

Lyme disease? I don't know but the fatigue made me think of it. My dad was having swallowing stuff and had a heart blockage, but the joint pain sounds like the flu...or a reaction to a bacteria...

Blessings!
Christianlady
Dawn

Unknown said...

Okie, I'm glad you have "come forward" to let your needs be known so people know how to pray for you.

I do pray that God would work powerfully in your body and spirit as He seeks to conform you further into His image.

You have experienced much these last few years and I have to believe it's not in vain. God bless you and your family Okie as you move forward and I pray you feel better soon. God bless.

Okie Preacher said...

I have been checked for Lime disease as well as a myriad of other diseases, with no result. I am starting to believe that I either have some new and weird disease (which will be named for me or the doctor). However, this I know: God is allowing it for a reason, and so in that I rejoice (even when I get a bit discouraged). I am not disappointed in God, nor do I blame Him - I love Him, because He first loved me.