Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Personal Post

My daughter, Rachel, is Bi-polar. It is heartbreaking to watch her suffer. One day, on top of the world; then next day, the world on top of her. Last week, she hit bottom. While she did not go to the hospital, she did confess to me Thursday that she had thoughts of suicide (last week). God has told me not to try to “fix” her; He said, “I am working in her life and I will take care of her.” If you have a child that is suffering, you know how hard it is to watch. Yet, God is working, you just have to trust Him and wait (I hate that part).

This week, she is doing well. Here is a poem she wrote yesterday:

"Not finished yet but I like where it’s going. Again, I hear it as music not just spoken word. I sound a little like yoda in one line, but I wanted to make it work! LOL!

5/27
Your light is my shield
Your love is my sun
It’s your banner over me
And under it I run

Into the battle
At peace and unafraid
You are for me and so against me
Will not prosper even one plan laid

You are for me
You are with me
You go before me
You’re underneath me
You are big enough
And strong enough
And I will never be ashamed
Those who hope in you won’t ever be ashamed!"

Thank God for His faithfulness and overwhelming Grace. Thank you Father for working in the life of my little girl. She has always been yours, you just lent her to me for a time. I still love her so and my heart breaks; yet, at the same time, I see you work in her life and I am blown away! Thank yo my King. Praise you Holy Name!

2 comments:

White Horses said...

What a beautiful poem. The Lord truly is with your daughter.

Randall Slack said...

Thanks for stopping by, white Horses.