Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Proverbs 30:8-9:

"...Give me neither poverty nor riches —
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God."

We live in a day and age where everybody wants to be rich. Everybody thinks that they will win the lottery. Of course, the odds of winning the lottery are the same whether you play or not. I know a man who came into millions of dollars. He claimed to be a Christian (and I am not judging that); however, his real god was money. He sold out a friend to get his money and interestingly enough, it turned out that he got far less than he thought he would. (God has a way of dealing with false gods). He left people who were not believers saying, "He is the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen."

The problem with making an idol out of money (or anything else) is described by the Psalmist, Psalms 115:8: "Those who make them are like them; So is everyone who trusts in them."

Be careful what you strive for; you just might get it.

No comments: