Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Longing to know The Word

Psalms 119:125:

"I am Your servant;
Give me understanding,
That I may know Your testimonies".

A few years age I had the privilege of knowing a man who was a former professor at LeTourneau University. We were discussing the Book of Daniel. As we spoke, he broke down and wept. He said, "I just want to know the Word more." I was humbled. Here sat this 84 year old man whose longing to know the Word, and through it to know Jesus, in a deeper, fuller way made him weep. Have you ever prayed the prayer of Psalms 119:125? I want to every day. Understanding to know the Word. May we all have the desire to seek to understand the Word even to the point of tears in our longing.

2 comments:

Jon Clayton said...

Amen my brother! Randy, I like the re-design. It looks great!

Unknown said...

Hello Randy,
You wanted to know my birthday.
It is Sept 2
Blessings,
Gayle Erwin