Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quotes by Jim Elliot

"Ah, tolerant generation, who pays the prophets and fondles them who are sent unto you...woe. Cursed be your Judas embrace. Damned be your friendliness...it lays shattering condemnation on your prophets...Damned be this cool tepidity...Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Make me a fork [in the road], that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me."

"I may no longer depend on pleasant impulses to bring me before the Lord. I must rather respond to principles I know to be right, whether I feel them to be enjoyable or not."

"God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him."

"How long shall we trust in man’s programming to accomplish the work of His Spirit in men's souls?"

And of course, the one for which he is well known:

"He is not a fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."

3 comments:

Mary Brucker said...

Hi Okie just came by to say Hi... how are you....

opie preacher said...

Good to see you. God bless...

Unknown said...

These two are my favorites. Thanks for sharing them.

"God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him."

"He is not a fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."