Saturday, February 21, 2009

A.W. Tozer on The Grace of God

While Tozer is often known for being direct and challenging, here are some quotes on the Grace of God:

As mercy is to God’s goodness confronting human misery and guilt, so grace is His goodness directed toward human debt and demerit. It is by His grace that God imputes merit where none previously existed and declares no debt to be where on had been before.

Because he is what He is, He lifts up our heads out of the prison house, changes our prison garments for royal robes, and makes us to eat bread continually before Him all the days of our lives.

Before the great flood Noah “found grace in the eyes of the Lord,” and after the law was given God said to Moses, “You have found grace in My sight.” How could it be otherwise? God will always be Himself, and grace is an attribute of His holy being. He can no more hide His grace that the sun can hide its brightness.

In olden times men looked forward to Christ’s redeeming work; in later times they gaze back upon it, but always they came and they come by grace, through faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started reading "A Passion For God" a biography of A.W. Tozer. Good quote.

Anonymous said...

I got a bunch of quotes from Tozer over the years. Love it!

Maryb said...

Thank God for his Grace....

I heard this one time

G GOD'S
R RICHES
A AT
C CHRIST'S
E EXPENSE.

Raja said...

COuld I ask you for the source/book where you got this quote from? I need to cite it in one of my articles. I would appreciate your help. Thanks